San Francisco, CA (Oct 16, 2012) – Granicus, the leading provider of cloud-based solutions for government transparency, efficiency, and citizen engagement, today announced the release of iLegislate 1.4. The new version of iLegislate empowers government officials with new features, including digital PDF annotation, to promote paperless and cost-efficient public meetings. The application is immediately available in the iPad App Store.
iLegislate is the first iPad app designed exclusively to help government agencies reduce their dependency on printed agenda packets in public meetings. Since its launch last year, the app has been used by 200+ government agencies, 1,500+ staff members, and in more than 14,000 meetings. A recent survey of boards, councils, and commissions using the app revealed that users are reporting 75-100% reductions in paper usage. They are also expecting to save between $5,000 – $10,000 annually in printing costs.
“Our government clients are printing roughly 6,000 pages per month for their agenda packets, we wanted to reduce the amount of paper and work required to compile and print these materials. Our goal is to create a more eco-frendly and cost-efficient workflow so government can focus on the legislative process instead of administrative overhead,” said Tom Spengler CEO and Co-Founder of Granicus.
Some key features of iLegislate 1.4 include:
- PDF attachment annotation capability – highlight, underline, bookmark, capture notes
- Rapid agenda review – get a snapshot of each agenda item and suggested actions from a single interface
- Connects and syncs with the Granicus cloud – redundant backups and access to your agenda packet data online and off
- Integrates with government solutions – seamlessly connects agenda functionality with Granicus’ Transparency, Meeting Efficiency, and Legislative Management Suite products
- Watch video of related meetings – research across indexed and archived public meeting videos
- Support for toggling between apps – if you leave the app, your work is not lost, simply resume in the exact place where you left off
iLegislate is a free iPad app designed to be used in conjunction with Granicus’ Transparency, Meeting Efficiency, and Legislative Management Suite products. By connecting iLegislate with the Granicus cloud-based solutions, government agencies have real-time access to information that is being created, managed, and tracked within the system, including: current agenda items, recommended actions, sponsoring departments, associated staff reports, and archived meeting videos.
“iLegislate is revolutionizing the traditional meeting agenda. It provides fingertip access to up-to-date public meeting materials and rich media. This can significantly decrease the amount of work required to sift through large volumes of paper before or during meetings,” said Javier Muniz, CTO of Granicus. He continued, “Governments’ shift to a digital environment for their recordkeeping will be gradual, however, with apps like iLegislate we hope to increase the speed of adoption and potentially save governments millions of dollars in printing costs over the lifetime of their solution.”