Job Opportunities > VP of Product Management
Location: San Francisco, CA
About the position:
The VP Product Management plays a key role by providing the leadership and coordination of product management improvements needed to increase the stalability, supportability and profitability of our core product offerings.
Reporting to the President and working closely with the CEO, CTO, VP of Product Development, VP of Sales, marketing personnel & individual product owners, the VP of PM executes on Granicus’ product themes and turns these themes into a product delivery plan.
Directs, plans, and oversees all aspects of product life cycle management including understanding market demands, technology trends, and the competitive field. Leads company’s efforts in product definition, messaging, unique positioning and go-to-market strategies for all Granicus products and services.
- Plan, organize, and manage product changes and new product introduction from conceptual states through product life cycle to meet marketing, financial, and company growth objectives.
- Manage and lead efforts to translate customer needs and technology directions into compelling product definitions and roadmaps.
- Establish, coordinate, and help optimize overall project schedules and activities for the delivery of new product releases
- Locate and analyze key product data points and make fact based recommendations based on the data
- Lead collaborative efforts on pricing and provide advice on product bundling opportunities
- Develop product and release resources, content, and training to support key internal and external constituents for Granicus products
- Research and evaluate competitive products and the current market to present financial analysis and technical justification for product development selection and definition.
- Identify obstacles and provide solutions to ensure goal attainment
- Work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders including the Granicus executive team, Granicus sales and operations, existing customers, prospective customers, partners and other industry influencers to define overall strategy and positioning of the company.
- Lead user experience initiatives including usability and look/feel of Granicus products
- Collaborate with the Granicus Office of the CTO as the Office of the CTO brings new products from prototype versions to “core market” versions
- Along with President, own profit and loss of each of the product suites and ensure product management recommendations are aimed at growing profits and revenues.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of progressive product management experience in a technology/software industry developing and implementing strategies across multiple product lines
- Domain experience in a B2B SaaS company with at least 1,000 customers and tens of thousands of users
- Experience leading teams including other product & project managers, marketing managers, and creative teams
- First-class writing & communication skills at executive level.
- A process and data driven decision making bias
- Proven technical expertise; BS/BA or higher in technical or business discipline or related field
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships both internally and externally.
- Clear sense of integrity, work ethic and a sincere interest in building strong relationships based upon competency and trust
- Organized, self-starter with an entreprenurial drive who is resourceful and highly creative
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development methodologies and how product management initiatives are synchronized between product development and product management
- Ability to take risks while providing measurable results on all programs
- Candidates well versed in an array of development platforms including .Net and Rails
- Candidates with experience in integration practices for products acquired through M&A as well as organically grown would be preferred
- Candidates with user experience and usability efforts in their backgrounds
- Candidates with experience in small company/start up environments
- Candidates who have had experience running a small to medium sized development team organized in a scrum environment
Granicus provides award-winning cloud-based technologies for government transparency, legislative efficiency, and citizen engagement. Thousands of agencies use our government cloud platform and product suites to establish meaningful connections with their citizens while reducing operational costs across their organization. Granicus has been recognized the past four years for being one of the fastest growing company private companies in the U.S., San Francisco, and the Silicon Valley by Deloitte LLP, the San Francisco Business Times, and Inc. Magazine. For more information about Granicus visit: Granicus Website | Granicus Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn
Granicus is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. In order to ensure equal employment opportunity for every applicant, hiring decisions will be made without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or disability. Granicus is firmly committed to a policy and practice of non-discrimination of employment, and Granicus will fully comply with all applicable federal, state, and local statutes of employment.
Granicus, Inc. is an E-Verify registered company.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org