Job Opportunities > Sales Account Representative (Audio Visual Meeting Services)
Location: Washington, D.C. - Work from home
Start Date: ASAP
If you are searching for a fast-paced environment with a company that seeks to bring citizens closer to government by increasing transparency to public meeting with innovative audio visual technologies, this opportunity may be perfect for you. At Granicus, our strategy is simple - we look for great people and empower them to turn their vision into reality.
About the position:
Granicus is a fast-growing company that provides webcasting, professional audio visual services, set-up and customer support services for memorable, high-quality public meetings in the government sector. And we're actively expanding our sales division with an experienced audio visual sales representative who has what it takes to amplify our efforts and their careers.
We are seeking an assertive, high energy and self-driven Sales Account Representative (Audio Visual Meeting Services). The Account Representative will be responsible for exceeding sales revenue and profit goals through selling collaborative system solutions and professional services, developing and maintaining valued client relationships, expanding the company’s current client base and developing and maintaining professional skills.
As part of our top-performing sales team, you will have the opportunity to work directly with clients primarily within the Executive branch of the Federal government as it relates to their audio visual event needs. This includes participation in on-site visits by prospective clients, solicitation of new business and ensuring that our customers receive the proper resources and services needed to accomplish their objectives. Being familiar and comfortable speaking about public meetings that occur in the Federal government is an important part of the position.
- Represent Granicus in a professional manner: be able to effectively articulate and present our Meeting Services offering to government prospective customers.
- Determine prospect and/or client needs and match products/system to meet those needs; prepare proposals per company standards to include:
- System description and scope of work
- Accurate site surveys
- Accurate pricing at margin targets for labor and software
- Obtain engineering assistance as necessary
- Provide accurate and timely communication updates to the client leading up to the event
- Participate in sign-off as required
- Submit change orders correctly and on a timely basis
- Responsible for executing quarterly sales plan to expand existing client base and generate new business opportunities to, at minimum, meet established gross profit quota.
- Perform at a level that meets customer expectations and meets or exceeds established quotas.
- Attend and participate in weekly sales meetings
- Actively use Salesforce CRM to include at minimum: complete contact information, provide detailed notes in the history section and track pending activities for timely follow up. Follow up on leads with 24 hours of receipt in the Salesforce CRM.
- Update and track all quotes and opportunities for pipeline reports
- Follow all sales procedures and policies, to include, but not exclusive to:
- Correct completion and submittal of sales orders
- Correct preparation of proposals
- Correct completion and set up of systems sales orders
- Contract process/terms and conditions
- Lead management and timely reporting results
- Represent Granicus, as assigned, at trade shows.
- Participate in training and professional development activities as prescribed by management.
Education & Experience
- Successful track record in audio visual, high tech, or consultative sales
- minimum of 2 years sales experience
- IT or AV sales background desired.
- College degree preferred
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Excellent poise and presentation skills
- Effective interaction with employees, customers and colleagues
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks/projects.
- Superb understanding of Granicus service offerings and the ability to communicate the same.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- PC proficient
- Leadership and management skills
- Achieve monthly quota
- Execute prospecting/sales plan as identified to generate proposal volume that is 4X gross profit dollar volume of monthly gross profit quota.
- Qualifying proposals to be counted for this metric follow the company guidelines for preparation and approval must be included in the monthly forecast and are correctly documented in Salesforce. These are new business opportunities not revisions of existing proposals.
- Proven proficiency working in a Microsoft Windows and office computer environment. Including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent spelling, grammar and business proposal preparation skills.
- Creativity and independent thinking.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Deductive reasoning and application skills.
- Skilled in internet usage.
- Experience in the following industries is a plus
- Streaming Video
- Audio Video Equipment
- Technically proficient in basic networking, software
- High energy – sense of urgency
- Be able to work independently and as a part of a team
Granicus provides award-winning cloud-based technologies for government transparency, legislative efficiency, and citizen engagement. Thousands of agencies use our government cloud platform and product suites to establish meaningful connections with their citizens while reducing operational costs across their organization. Granicus has been recognized the past four years for being one of the fastest growing company private companies in the U.S., San Francisco, and the Silicon Valley by Deloitte LLP, the San Francisco Business Times, and Inc. Magazine. For more information about Granicus visit: Granicus Website | Granicus Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn
Granicus is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. In order to ensure equal employment opportunity for every applicant, hiring decisions will be made without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or disability. Granicus is firmly committed to a policy and practice of non-discrimination of employment, and Granicus will fully comply with all applicable federal, state, and local statutes of employment.
Granicus, Inc. is an E-Verify registered company.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org