Granicus, Inc. is a privately held corporation in San Francisco, California. Founded in 1999, the company has established a new vision for government and municipalities to provide public information through the Internet.
Granicus, Inc. provides comprehensive solutions for creating, managing and distributing live and on-demand streaming media content to support and enhance public meeting communications, internal training and public education programs for government. Further, our legislative management solutions improve the Clerk's overall workflow by enhancing the way they record motions, votes, roll call, and speaker notes and votes.
As a streaming media solution provider, Granicus supplies governing agencies with the software, hardware, infrastructure and expertise to quickly integrate streaming media into their communications tool set. Granicus solutions help clients improve their internal and external communications resulting in improved external relationships and internal knowledge transfer, while lowering their total communications cost.
Through hundreds of discussions with our clients and potential clients we have developed the following guiding principles for the development of our streaming media solutions:
- Provide a complete end-to-end solution that exceeds client expectations.
- Utilize, instead of replace, a client’s current technology assets.
- Offer client and user interfaces that can be easily used by non-technical staff.
- Provide a reasonable total cost of ownership.
- Build software tools that scale and automate the legislative process.